Steaks With Gorgonzola
1/2 stick herb garlic butter (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1 1/2 lbs flat iron steaks
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup white wine
1. Combine butter and cheese in small bowl until blended; set aside. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season both sides of steaks with salt and pepper (wash hands).
2. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks (wash hands); cook 5–7 minutes on each side or until meat is well-browned and internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure desired doneness. Remove steaks from pan.
3. Drain any excess oil from pan; return pan to heat. Deglaze with wine. To deglaze: pour wine into pan and loosen browned bits of food left on bottom. Cook 3–4 minutes or until liquid has reduced almost completely.
4. Return steaks to pan. Add butter mixture; turn steaks until butter melts and steaks are coated. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 120mg;
SODIUM 480mg; CARB 1g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 35g;
VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 8%; IRON 25%
3 cups water
1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine pasta
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano, Asiago cheese blend
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of pepper
1. Combine water and pasta in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
2. While pasta cooks, prepare sauce. Melt butter in large sauté pan on medium-high. Combine cornstarch and half-and-half in small bowl until blended and smooth. Stir into melted butter; bring to a full boil, whisking often.
3. Meanwhile, stir pasta to loosen noodles; cover and microwave 1 more minute or until pasta is tender.
4. Remove sauce from heat; whisk in cheese, salt, and pepper until smooth. Drain pasta thoroughly; stir into sauce until blended. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 105mg;
SODIUM 670mg; CARB 39g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 14g;
VIT A 15%; VIT C 0%; CALC 25%; IRON 8%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version beef0044