1 (16-ounce) container refrigerated mild salsa
1 (8-ounce) can Spanish tomato sauce
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can dark red kidney beans (drained)
1 (16-ounce) can zesty salsa refried beans
1 (20-ounce) tub fully-cooked, seasoned ground beef
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
12 oven ready lasagna noodles (3/4 box)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine in large mixing bowl: salsa, tomato sauce, beans, refried beans and ground beef.
3. Spread 1/4 meat mixture in bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Layer 4 lasagna noodles (uncooked) on top of cheese. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
5. Repeat step 4 two times, ending with cheese on top.
6. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes.
7. Remove foil and bake additional 15 minutes. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
1/2 cup mayonnaise-type salad dressing
1 head iceberg lettuce (6 cups)
1 large cucumber
1 large tomato
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place salad dressing in salad bowl.
2. Wash, drain and dry vegetables.
3. Cut lettuce in half, (reserve other half for another use) then cut or tear into bite-size pieces and add to salad dressing.
4. Cut cucumber into quarters lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into bite-size pieces and add to lettuce.
5. Remove core from tomatoes. Cut into bite-size pieces and add to salad.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Fold ingredients together until well coated and serve.
Calories 529kcal; Fat 23g; Cholesterol 51mg; Carbohydrate 53g; Fiber 7g; Protein 25g; Sodium 1784mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 28%; Iron 22%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The lasagna recipe makes a great holiday take along dish. Make lasagna up to 24 hours in advance, then bake before serving.
Recipe Version swst0017