Mediterranean Tuna Twist
1 (12-ounce) bag fresh vegetable medley (contains broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 cup quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
3 tablespoons diced pimientos (undrained)
1 tablespoon capers (drained)
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
1 (12-ounce) can white albacore tuna in water (drained)
8 ounces tri-color rotini
2 tablespoons lemon pepper marinade
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese (optional)
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for pasta.
2. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces, if preferred. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water; cover and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until hot.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high heat 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Stir in artichokes, pimientos, capers, pesto and tuna. Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Drain vegetables and stir into tuna mixture. Cook 2–3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in marinade and Alfredo sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer 2–3 minutes until fully heated.
7. Drain pasta and return to pan. Stir tuna mixture in gently until blended. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 463kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 948mg; CARB 55g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 111%; VIT C 89%; CALC 5%; IRON 16%
1 Bakery baguette
olive-oil cooking spray
8 teaspoons sun-dried tomato spread
1. Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil.
2. Cut baguette diagonally into 8 slices, removing ends; place on baking sheet. Coat top of bread with cooking spray. Spread 1 teaspoon tomato spread on each slice; set aside.
3. Broil 2–3 minutes or until golden. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 159kcal; FAT <1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 209mg; CARB 16g; FIBER <1g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 1%; VIT C 0%; CALC 0%; IRON 1%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Slice the baguette quickly and easily, without mashing the fresh soft center, by using an electric knife.
Recipe Version past0023