Eggless "Egg" Salad Sandwich
8 slices frozen sprouted multi-grain bread
7 1/2 ounces extra firm tofu (1/2 package)
1/4 cup soy mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
2 teaspoons dill relish
1 tablespoon sweet relish
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Open bread and remove 8 slices. Set aside to defrost.
2. Open and drain liquid from tofu. Cut tofu in half widthwise. Place one half in medium mixing bowl. Reserve remaining tofu for later use.
3. Using potato masher, mash tofu until crumbled.
4. Add mayonnaise, mustard, dill relish, sweet relish, salt and pepper. Stir together until mixed.
5. Place 2 slices bread on each serving plate. Divide tofu mixture into 4 servings. Place mixture on 1 slice bread on each serving plate. Assemble sandwich and serve.
Hot and Sour Soup
1/4 cup green onions (2-3 onions)
1 (28-ounce) can chop suey vegetables (drained)
4 1/4 cups water
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon miso paste
1/2 cup shredded carrots
2 teaspoons chili bean sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable base
1/4 cup Oriental salad dressing
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Wash onions and remove any wilted portions. Chop enough green onions into 1/4-inch pieces to measure 1/4 cup, including up to half of green tops. Discard tops or reserve for another use.Set aside.
2. Open can of vegetables and drain liquid by squeezing lid against vegetables. Set aside.
3. Place in large saucepan: 4 cups water, onions, vegetables, mushrooms, hoisin sauce, miso paste, carrots, bean sauce, vegetable base and salad dressing.
4. Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
5. Place 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in 2-cup measuring cup. Stir together until creamy.
6. When boiling, stir in cornstarch mixture.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories 332kcal; Fat 11g; Cholesterol 0mg; Carbohydrate 45g; Fiber 6g; Protein 14g; Sodium 1954mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 39%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 16%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version vege0009