Chicken Pot Pie
1 package (2 count) refrigerated pie crusts
2 cups frozen diced chicken breast (or leftover chicken)
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
one 10 3/4-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Unfold one pie crust and form on the bottom of an 8-inch pie pan.
3. Mix chicken, vegetables, soup and milk in a bowl.
4. Place mixture in middle of pie crust and spread evenly.
5. Unfold second crust and lay over top of pie pan, press firmly around edge. Trim crust even with outside edge of pan and crimp by pinching ends of dough together.
6. Important: place a generous number of fork holes on top of crust to allow steam to vent.
7. Place in oven for 35 minutes on top rack, covering crust edges with foil after 15 minutes. Serve.
Fresh Steamed Brussels Sprouts
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
1/8 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
seasoned salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse with water and trim all brown edges from sprouts.
2. Place in microwave-safe dish, preferably with a steamer insert.
3. Pour water over sprouts and cover.
4. Cook in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from microwave oven and toss or stir to rotate sprouts from top to bottom.
6. Return to microwave and cook 3 minutes.
7. Drain water from sprouts. Cut butter into pieces and place on sprouts. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; stir until butter is melted. Serve. (Makes 4 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 526; Total Fat (g) 26; Saturated Fat (g) 11; Cholesterol (mg) 56; Carbohydrate (g) 53; Dietary Fiber (g) 5; Protein (g) 23; Sodium (mg) 904; Potassium (mg) 573; Calcium (mg) 95; Iron (mg) 2
Daily Values: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 165%; Calcium 9%; Iron 12%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version 2day0002