1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup whole milk
1 (.9-ounce) packet hollandaise sauce mix
4 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
4 slices Canadian bacon
4 tablespoons sliced black olives (optional)
1. Fill medium saucepan 3/4 full of water. Add vinegar, cover and bring to boil on high heat.
2. Place milk and hollandaise sauce mix in microwave-safe bowl and whisk until smooth.
3. Add butter and microwave on high 5-6 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring twice.
4. Toast crumpets until lightly browned. Place on serving plates.
5. Add Tabasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper to hollandaise. Whisk until blended. Cover and set aside.
6. Place Canadian bacon on microwave-safe plate (may be paper). Microwave on high 25 seconds and place on top of crumpets.
7. Break 1 egg at a time into 1-cup measuring cup. Slowly pour into bowling water. (Repeat until all eggs are in boiling water) Boil 3-4 minutes for soft poached eggs. Note: For firmer eggs, cook additional 1-2 minutes.
8. Using slotted spoon, remove eggs from water, allowing excess water to drip off. Place on top of bacon.
9. Pour hollandaise sauce over eggs. Garnish with black olives, if using. Serve.
Sautéed Hash Browns
2 tablespoons butter
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat.
3. Add potatoes and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Cook 20 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes to brown evenly. Serve.
Calories 516kcal; Fat 26g; Cholesterol 286mg; Carbohydrate 51g; Fiber 3g; Protein 19g; Sodium 1542mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 21%; Vitamin C 39%; Calcium 12%; Iron 16%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version eggs0006