Garlic Chile Shrimp
1/2 cup ginger salad dressing
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chile pepper blend paste
2 teaspoons sesame oil
8 shrimp bar-b-skewers (thawed)
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Preheat grill. Combine dressing, garlic, marmalade, soy sauce, and chili spice paste in medium saucepan. Allow sauce to simmer on low until ready to serve (up to 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Sauce should be hot and flavors well blended.
- Drizzle oil over shrimp skewers; sprinkle with spice powder and let stand 5 minutes to marinate.
- Place shrimp on grill; grill 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; grill 1–3 more minutes or just until shrimp are pink. Serve shrimp with warm sauce on the side for dipping.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 1000mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 15g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 8%; CALC 4%; IRON 10%
Grilled Eggplant Salad
2 large tomatoes
8–10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 large eggplant
Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning blend, divided
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill.
- Cut tomatoes in half (gently squeeze to remove seeds); chop coarsely.
- Chop basil (about 1 tablespoon).
- Trim ends from eggplant; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Coat both sides of eggplant slices with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning. Place slices on grill; grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until tender and golden.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning. Place eggplant slices on serving dish; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 60kcal; FAT 1.5g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 230mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with basmati rice, soft dinner rolls, and lemon creme cake for dessert.
- Five-spice powder usually contains cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, star anise, and ginger or peppercorns. Use in stir-fry recipes or to season poultry before roasting.
Recipe Version gril0035