Linguine With White Clam Sauce
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup frozen diced onions
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3 cloves fresh garlic
8 ounces linguine (1/2 box)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (10-ounce) can whole baby clams (undrained)
1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Fill large saucepan 3/4 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for pasta.
2. Wash parsley. Remove stems and chop enough to measure 1/4 cup.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
4. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add onions, pesto and Italian seasoning.
5. Using garlic press, crush garlic into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir lemon juice, clams, clam juice and parsley into onion mixture. Bring to boil. Boil 1-2 minutes to blend flavors.
8. Place water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk with fork until smooth.
9. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into clams. Return to boil. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Drain linguine. Serve clam sauce over linguine, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Garlic Herb Biscuits
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
2 cups biscuit baking mix + more as needed
1/3 cup reduced fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine in medium microwave-safe bowl, butter and pesto. Microwave on high 10-15 seconds to soften butter.
3. Add baking mix and stir together until crumbly. Stir in milk and mix until dough is formed.
4. Lightly sprinkle cutting board with baking mix. Place dough on baking mix and lightly sprinkle top with baking mix.
5. Using palm of hands, flatten dough to 3/8-inch thickness.
6. Cut dough into 8 equal portions and place on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve.
Calories 639kcal; Fat 20g; Cholesterol 61mg; Carbohydrate 89g; Fiber 2g; Protein 25g; Sodium 1465mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 9%; Vitamin C 11%; Calcium 19%; Iron 138%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
To easily turn this recipe into red clam sauce, add 1/4 cup refrigerated marinara sauce with the cornstarch mixture. Complete recipe as instructed.
Recipe Version past0024