Brown Sugar Glazed Pork
3 fresh garlic cloves
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup red wine
1. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into medium bowl. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Stir in brown sugar and steak seasoning until well blended.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut pork diagonally into about eight 1-inch-thick slices. Place pork slices in bowl and press into mixture. Turn and press again to lightly season both sides (wash hands).
3. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork (wash hands); cook 5–6 minutes on each side or until well browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
4. Remove pork from pan. Stir in wine and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; simmer 1 minute, stirring continually. Serve wine sauce with pork. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 90mg;
SODIUM 440mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 24g;
VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
Maple Sweet Potatoes
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl, cutting butter into small pieces while adding to bowl.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 15mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
More sweet potatoes than you need? Use fresh instead. Microwave a scrubbed, pierced sweet potato on HIGH 6–8 minutes or until tender. Split; add same stir-ins and brown sugar.
Recipe Version pork0034