Szechwan Beef Salad
1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon chili bean sauce
2 tablespoons steak seasoning sauce
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons green onions (2-3 onions)
1/2 seedless cucumber
1 (4-ounce) bag mixed baby greens
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1/4 cup Oriental salad dressing
6 tablespoons chow mein noodles
1. Preheat grill.
2. Trim any visible fat from steak. Salt and pepper both sides. Wash hands.
3. Combine hoisin sauce, bean sauce and steak seasoning in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Using tongs, add steak, seal tightly and kneed to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes. Wash knife and cutting board with hot soapy water.
4. Wash onions and remove any wilted portions. Chop enough green onions into 1/4-inch pieces to measure 2 tablespoons, including up to half of green tops. Place in large mixing bowl.
5. Wash cucumber. Trim ends off and slice into 1/4-inch slices. Add to onions.
6. Grill steaks 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through grilling process. Discard any remaining marinade. Internal temperature should reach 145°F for medium, or adjust grilling time for personal preference.
7. Continue salad by adding greens, carrots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and dressing to onion mixture. Toss and place on serving plates.
8. Slice steak thinly on a 45-degree angle and place on top of salad. Sprinkle with noodles and serve.
Glazed Egg Rolls
aluminum foil (optional)
2 (9-ounce) packages frozen pork and shrimp egg rolls
6 tablespoons duck sauce
1/4 teaspoon five spices powder
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line baking sheet with foil (for ease in cleaning) and spray with cooking spray.
3. Place egg rolls on baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon duck sauce over each.
4. Sprinkle with five spices powder.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. Using tongs, immediately remove egg rolls from foil and serve.
Calories 544kcal; Fat 27g; Cholesterol 97mg; Carbohydrate 43g; Fiber 3g; Protein 30g; Sodium 1570mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 53%; Vitamin C 9%; Calcium 6%; Iron 32%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
To make grilled pineapple, spray rings with vegetable cooking spray and place on grill until golden brown and heated through.