Creole Cream Scallops and Pasta
1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons seafood seasoning blend
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 pound steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
12 ounces spinach (or regular) fettuccine pasta
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
2 tablespoons cream sherry (optional)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Thaw scallops (if required) by placing open bag under cool running water 4–5 minutes.
- Combine flour and seafood seasoning in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Place measured oil and garlic near stove. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Drain scallops and pat dry. Add to bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat. Place oil and garlic in pan (pan should sizzle). Add scallops (wash hands) and then steak-topper vegetables (do not stir); cook 2 minutes.
- Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Stir tomatoes into scallops, cover, and cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook uncovered 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly thickened. Drain pasta and serve scallops over pasta. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 65mg;
SODIUM 850mg; CARB 55g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 29g;
VIT A 30%; VIT C 130%; CALC 15%; IRON 15%
Parmesan Spinach Salad
10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
1/2 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup creamy cheese salad dressing
- Place all ingredients (except salad dressing) in salad bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 180kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 5mg;
SODIUM 440mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 7g;
VIT A 190%; VIT C 40%; CALC 15%; IRON 15%
Utensils & Cookware
large sauté pan with lid
large saucepan with lid
colander, salad bowl
tongs, cooking spoons
Frozen sea scallops have a delicious sweet flavor. For best results, thaw scallops overnight in refrigerator.
Recipe Version seaf0055