Peppered Steaks and Sherry Mustard Sauce
1 1/2 lb boneless grilling steaks (strip, ribeye, or sirloin)
2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup sherry
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup pre-diced onions
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut steaks into 4 portions; sprinkle both sides of steaks with pepper and salt (wash hands).
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in pan then add steaks; cook 5–6 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare).
- Remove steaks from pan. Add remaining ingredients (including 1 tablespoon butter), stirring in browned bits left on pan bottom. Cook 1–2 minutes or until onions are tender. Serve sauce over steaks.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 290kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 410mg; CARB 2g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 33g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
Red Potato Sauté
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers (drained)
2 tablespoons butter
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated red potato wedges
1/4 cup pre-diced onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
6 oz pre-sliced portabella mushrooms
1/4 cup sherry
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Place butter, potatoes, onions, and garlic in pan; cook and stir 7–8 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium and cover; cook and stir 6–7 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 660mg; CARB 27g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 60%; VIT C 110%; CALC 0%; IRON 15%
Utensils & Cookware
Complete your meal with fresh steamed broccoli, crusty Italian bread, and creamy cheesecake.
Recipe Version R-01/10-0038