Red Beans and Rice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup frozen diced onions
1/2 cup frozen diced green pepper
2 teaspoons garlic granules
two 15 1/2-ounce cans red kidney beans (light or dark), undrained
2 1/4 cups water
2 teaspoons oregano
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 packets (10 grams) Goya Sazon Seasoning
2 cups 10-minute brown rice
1. Preheat sauté pan on medium for 2-3 minutes. Add oil and swirl to coat.
2. Add onion, pepper and garlic; sauté for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
3. While sautéing vegetables, heat 1 1/4 cups of the water on high in covered saucepan. Bring to a boil.
4. In sauté pan stir in kidney beans, remaining cup of water, oregano, vinegar and Goya seasoning; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice has cooked.
5. Check water in saucepan. When boiling, add rice, stir, cover and reduce heat to medium-low for 10 minutes. Serve beans over rice.
3/4 bag European salad blend (6 cups)
12 baby carrots
4 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup Burgundy basil vinaigrette
4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Place salad blend into large salad bowl.
2. Chop carrots and tomatoes into bite-size pieces; add to bowl.
3. Add dressing and toss to coat.
4. Spoon into 4 individual serving bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Calories (kcal) 543; Total Fat (g) 14.6; Saturated Fat (g) 2.6; Cholesterol (mg) 4; Carbohydrate (g) 81; Dietary Fiber (g) 18.8; Protein (g) 22.9; Sodium (mg) 1379; Potassium (mg) 1132; Calcium (mg) 206; Iron (mg) 6.0
Daily Values: Vitamin A 152%; Vitamin C 51%; Calcium 21%; Iron 26%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version vege0003