Basil Cream Chicken Pasta
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders, thawed if needed
2 tablespoons garlic butter
8 ounces fettuccine
1 pound steak-topper vegetables (contains fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions and bell peppers)
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag and shake to mix.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place in bag. Wash hands, knife, and cutting board with hot soapy water. Seal tightly and shake to coat.
3. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Place chicken in pan (discard residual flour) and cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken begins to brown.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Move chicken to outer edge of pan and place steak-toppers in center. Cover and cook 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in basil and cream; reduce heat to medium and simmer 4–5 minutes, uncovered, or until sauce thickens.
7. Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Stir chicken mixture into pasta and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 707kcal; FAT 32g; CHOL 191mg; SODIUM 949mg; CARB 53g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 50g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 87%; CALC 8%; IRON 23%
Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup lite red wine/olive oil vinaigrette
5 ounces spring mix salad blend
1 medium yellow tomato
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 seedless cucumber
2 tablespoons raisins
1. Rinse all vegetables. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice (about 2 tablespoons) into salad bowl; add dressing and whisk together. Add salad greens and toss to coat.
2. Slice tomato into bite-size pieces; cut pepper and cucumber into 1/4-inch-thick slices and add to salad.
3. Add raisins and toss to mix. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 80kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 48%; VIT C 77%; CALC 5%; IRON 7%
Utensils & Cookware
large saucepan with lid
large sauté pan with lid
salad bowl, whisk, tongs
cooking spoons, colander
knife and cutting board
Avoid rinsing cooked pasta. This decreases its ability to absorb the flavors from the sauce.
Recipe Version past0032