Pork With Peach Picante Sauce
3 medium peaches
1 1/2 lb boneless pork country-style ribs
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
Large zip-top bag
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup mild salsa
1/4 cup peach preserves
- Peel peaches; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Preheat regular (or 2-sided tabletop) grill. Place ribs and dry taco seasoning mix in zip-top bag (wash hands); seal bag and shake to coat. Add barbecue sauce to ribs; seal bag and knead to coat (set aside).
- Combine peaches, salsa, and preserves; bring to boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to low; simmer 6–8 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Place ribs on grill and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 6–8 minutes on each side or until 160°F (for medium). (If using 2-sided tabletop grill, cook 6–8 minutes, total time.) Serve with peach picante sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 540kcal; FAT 25g; CHOL 160mg; SODIUM 720mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 46g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 8%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
2 medium tomatoes (about 3/4 lb)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
2 teaspoons cilantro herb paste
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- Arrange tomatoes in single over-lapping layer on serving dish.
- Whisk dressing and cilantro herb paste until blended; drizzle over tomatoes. Top with feta cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 90kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 350mg; CARB 5g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with tortilla chips, a fresh salad blend, French bread, and Key lime pie for dessert.
- Frozen peaches can be used when fresh peaches aren’t in season.
- The peach picante sauce is wonderful, on its own, served with tortilla chips.
Recipe Version pork0029