Turkey Cacciatore With Rice
1 lb turkey tenderloins (or cutlets)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 lb steak-topper vegetables (fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
4 fresh garlic cloves
2 (8.8-ounce) pouches pre-cooked long grain rice
1 (26-ounce) jar tomato basil pasta sauce
1 tablespoon basil herb paste
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut turkey into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
2. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add turkey (wash hands); season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Cook 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
3. Squeeze rice pouches to separate rice; tear corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until hot.
4. Reduce turkey to medium heat; stir in pasta sauce and basil paste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook 2–3 minutes or until hot. Serve turkey over rice.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 520kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 1040mg; CARB 62g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 31g;
VIT A 35%; VIT C 290%; CALC 20%; IRON 20%
10 ounces pre-sliced squash/zucchini (2 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons pre-diced yellow onions
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Place all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl; do not stir.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6–7 minutes, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 40kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 10mg;
SODIUM 230mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g;
VIT A 4%; VIT C 20%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
Utensils & Cookware
For a change of pace, serve Turkey Cacciatore over pasta or wild rice.
Recipe Version poul0057