Pasta Dinner With Café Salad
1 Bartlett pear
2 bags frozen complete skillet or pasta dinner (about 24-oz each)
1 bag spring mix salad blend (4–5 oz)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
2 oz Asiago cheese
2 tablespoons roasted garlic almonds
1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Peel and core pear; cut pear into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare skillet dinner entrées following package instructions.
- Combine in salad bowl, salad blend, tomatoes, carrots, and pear. Shave Asiago cheese, using vegetable peeler, over salad. Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve with dinner entree.
(varies by brand/variety; see package label for current values)
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 160kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 370mg; CARB 15g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 90%; VIT C 25%; CALC 15%; IRON 6%
Strawberries on Toasted Cake
8 oz fresh strawberries
1 (10.75-oz) frozen pound cake, thawed
1/4 cup strawberry syrup
4 oz frozen nondairy whipped topping
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice thinly; place in small bowl.
- Cut cake into eight slices.
- Stir syrup into strawberries. Brown cake slices lightly using toaster (two slices in each slot, if wide enough).
- Place four slices on serving plates. Add layers using one-half of the whipped topping and one-half of the strawberries; repeat all three layers. Serve immediately.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 450kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 110mg; SODIUM 250mg; CARB 59g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 60%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with a crusty baguette.
- Toasting the pound cake slices warms and enhances the flavor of the cake.
Recipe Version past0038