Cod Sauté With Citrus Béarnaise
1 large egg, beaten (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 cod loins (20 oz), thawed
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1 packet Béarnaise sauce mix (about 1 oz)
juice of 1/2 lemon
- Place egg and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in third bowl.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium heat 3–4 minutes. Dip fish in flour (coating both sides) then dip into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, dip into bread crumbs.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in pan, then add fish; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and 145°F (or flesh separates easily).
- Combine milk and sauce mix in saucepan on medium-high. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring continually, until sauce thickens. Squeeze juice of one-half lemon (about 1 tablespoon) into sauce; stir until well blended. Serve sauce over fish.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 125mg;
SODIUM 1030mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 10%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
1 lb fresh asparagus spears
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces, removing tough root end.
- Place asparagus in microwave-safe bowl with water and cover.
- Microwave on HIGH 4–5 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Drain asparagus; stir in butter and seasoned salt. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 35kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 2g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 8%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with Italian bread and Key lime pie for dessert.
- Fresh orange or lime juice could be used in the sauce instead of lemon juice.
Recipe Version seaf0069