one 6-pound roasting chicken
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 white onion
3 white potatoes
one 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and sprinkle with seasoned salt. (Wash hands.)
- Wash and peel all vegetables.
- Cut onion, potatoes and carrots into 1-inch cubes.
- Add all vegetables to chicken in pan. Pour broth over all ingredients, cover and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
4 cups chicken broth from roasted chicken
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup cornstarch
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat saucepan on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Place chicken and vegetables on serving platter and cover. Pour drippings from roasted chicken (up to 4 cups) into saucepan. If necessary, add water to drippings to make 4 cups of liquid.
- Add chicken bouillon and whisk well.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk half and half and cornstarch until smooth.
- When broth begins to boil, add half and half mixture; whisk to blend. Turn heat to medium low and simmer 3-4 minutes or until gravy thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (Makes 10 servings.)
Roma Blend Vegetables
one 16-ounce bag frozen Roma blend vegetables
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place vegetables in microwave-safe container, cover and microwave on defrost for 5 minutes.
- Drain all water from vegetables.
- Preheat sauté pan on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Place butter in pan with and swirl to coat.
- Add vegetables and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Sauté vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 742.9; Total Fat (g) 45.3; Saturated Fat (g) 14.5; Cholesterol (mg) 195; Carbohydrate (g) 27.2; Dietary Fiber (g) 4.4; Protein (g) 53.3; Sodium (mg) 1995; Potassium (mg) 1251; Calcium (mg) 84; Iron (mg) 3.8
Daily Values: Vitamin A 289%; Vitamin C 43%; Calcium 8%; Iron 21%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2- to 3-quart saucepan
- measuring utensils
- small mixing bowl
- microwave-safe container
- 10- to 12-inch sauté pan
- large roasting pan
- knife and cutting board
- vegetable peeler
This chicken dish is double-sized to allow you to create two meals. Look for our Chicken Pot Pie or White Broccoli Pizza recipes for two-day meal ideas.
Recipe Version 2day0001