Mesquite Maple Steaks and Vegetables
2 medium red bell peppers
6 oz presliced portabellas
Large zip-top bag
3 tablespoons dry mesquite marinade mix
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
- Quarter bell peppers lengthwise; remove core and seeds.
- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine in bag: marinade mix, oil, and 2 tablespoons syrup; shake to blend. Add steaks, peppers, and mushrooms; seal bag tightly and shake to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
- Place steaks and peppers on grill; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until steak is 145°F (for medium rare) and peppers are tender. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes to rest.
- Place mushrooms on grill; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut peppers into bite-size strips. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons syrup over steaks. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 360kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 750mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 70%; VIT C 180%; CALC 4%; IRON 20%
3/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 1/2 lb)
6 cups cherry lemon-lime soda (chilled)
- Thaw limeade until softened.
- Place watermelon into food processor (or blender); blend until liquefied. Strain watermelon to remove pulp; place juice in pitcher and stir in limeade until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
- Divide juice evenly into 4 glasses; pour soda over juice. Serve cold.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 40mg; CARB 101g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 35%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with potato salad, garlic bread, and apple pie for dessert.
- Place remaining limeade in ice cube trays and freeze. Add to a glass of water for refreshing flavor.
Recipe Version gril0055