Beef Roast With Mushroom-Onion Sauce
4 lb boneless NY strip loin roast
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (1.25-oz) packet onion/garlic potato seasoning
1 (9-oz) package frozen pearl onions in cream sauce
16 oz whole mushrooms
2 cups water
1 tub concentrated homestyle beef stock
1/2 cup Marsala wine (or beef broth)
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter, softened
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat roast with oil and sprinkle with seasoning; place in roasting pan (wash hands). Cook roast for 10 minutes.
- Place onions and sauce in medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes to partially thaw. Stir mushrooms into onions.
- Microwave water on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until hot; stir in concentrated beef stock and wine until blended, then add to mushrooms.
- Remove roast from oven; reduce heat to 350°F. Pour mushroom mixture around roast. Cook roast 1-1 1/4 hours or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Roast weights vary; adjust cook time as needed.)
- Transfer roast to cutting board; let stand 15 minutes. Chop parsley. Place butter in small saucepan and melt on medium-low; whisk in flour and parsley. Stir in mushrooms and sauce (from pan) and bring to a simmer; cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Slice roast; serve with sauce. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 410kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 800mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 45g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 8%; CALC 4%; IRON 20%
Dijon Herb Potatoes
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 tablespoons garlic herb butter
1 bag baby gold potatoes, halved (24-28 oz)
Zest/juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with oil. Melt butter.
- Halve potatoes. Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Combine in medium bowl: butter, zest, juice, mustard, cheese, salt, and pepper; stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes on baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden. Chop parsley; stir into potatoes. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 400mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 15%; CALC 10%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with green beans, dinner rolls, and pumpkin pie for dessert.
- If cooking roast past medium-rare, you may need to add more beef broth to keep the pan sauce from reducing too much.
Recipe Version beef0099