New Orleans Shrimp
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled/deveined
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
3 tablespoons garlic butter
1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
1/4 cup pre-diced fresh tomatoes
1/2 cup white wine
- Chop parsley.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer for seasoning; wash hands.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place onions and garlic butter in pan; cook and stir 2 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle seasoning over shrimp.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes, and parsley to onions; wash hands. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over shrimp (about 1 tablespoon); cook 1–2 minutes. Add wine; cook 2–3 more minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 265mg; SODIUM 600mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 25g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 25%
Cajun Beans and Rice
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 cup pre-diced red onions
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1 (16-oz) can light red kidney beans (undrained)
1 (8.8-oz) package pre-cooked white rice
- Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add garlic butter, then add onions and seasoning; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until onions are browned.
- Add beans and rice; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 8–10 minutes or until hot. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 480mg; CARB 39g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 9g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; CALC 8%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with a Caesar salad, sourdough bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
- For a quick and tasty New Orleans-style po’ boy, cut thick slices of sourdough bread, top with shredded lettuce, and pile on the prepared shrimp. Serve the rice and beans on the side.
Recipe Version seaf0065