Southwest Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas
1 package fully cooked beef pot roast (15-17-oz)
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
2/3 cup salsa verde
6 (10-inch) flour or corn tortillas
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Microwave pot roast on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until warm. Transfer gravy (from pot roast) to medium saucepan. Finely shred meat using two forks; place in medium bowl.
- Stir tomato sauce and salsa verde into gravy; cook on medium 3–4 minutes or until hot. Add 3/4 cup of the gravy mixture to pot roast. Spread 1/2 cup gravy mixture over bottom of 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Spoon down center of each tortilla: 1/3 cup beef mixture, 1/4 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons black beans, and 1 teaspoon chiles. Roll tortillas around filling and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining 3/4 cup gravy mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 18–20 minutes or until cheese melts and enchiladas have browned slightly. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 630kcal; FAT 28g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 1910mg; CARB 64g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 10%; CALC 30%; IRON 20%
2 cups water
1 (5.4-oz) packet quick-cooking fiesta rice
1 (12-oz) bag frozen whole kernel corn
3 tablespoons chopped green chiles (undrained)
- Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
- Stir in rice (with seasonings), corn, and chiles; cover and return to boil.
- Stir, cover, and reduce heat to medium; cook 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 140kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 370mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 8%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with sour cream, salsa, and lettuce shreds for the enchiladas, with Key lime pie for dessert.
- The chiles can be removed from both recipes for a milder flavor.
Recipe Version R-02/13-0080