Cuban Sandwich Casserole
4 oz Swiss cheese, cubed
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 links apple chicken sausage (6 oz)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz cooked ham cubes
1 (6.9-oz) box chicken-flavor rice mix
1/2 teaspoon Complete seasoning
2 1/2 cups water, divided
1/4 cup dill relish
1 teaspoon mustard
- Cut cheese into small cubes.
- Chop cilantro.
- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage and ham; cook 2–3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in rice seasoning (from mix), Complete seasoning, and 1/2 cup water; cook and stir 1–2 minutes.
- Stir in rice, relish, mustard, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and remaining 2 cups water, then cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 20–22 minutes (without removing cover) or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 450kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 1550mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 25g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 2%; CALC 25%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, Cuban bread, and a fresh fruit tart for dessert.
- Leftover cubed pork chops would work great in place of the ham cubes.
Recipe Version home0039