2 medium yellow squash
2 small zucchini
2 plum tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
12 oz sea scallops
1/4 cup shrimp scampi sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut squash, zucchini, and tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Combine squash, zucchini, tomatoes, wine, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange in an even layer in 13- x 9-inch baking pan; pour remaining oil mixture over vegetables.
- Combine scallops, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange scallops on top of vegetables. Broil 8–10 minutes or just until scallops are opaque and firm, and beginning to brown on top.
- Add scampi sauce then toss to coat vegetables and scallops; serve immediately.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 180kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 19g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 20%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
1 small red bell pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 oz pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white wine
1 (4.6-oz) box Italian herb pasta mix
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut pepper into thin strips. Place oil in pan and then add peppers and mushrooms; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in artichokes, water, wine, and contents of seasoning packet (from pasta mix); bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 8–12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 460mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 110%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, dinner rolls, and a chocolate dessert.
- The veggies in the scallop recipe will be crisp-tender. For softer veggies, microwave the sliced squash for 2–4 minutes before adding to the tomatoes and seasonings.
Recipe Version R-01/12-0106