Asian Chicken Quesadillas
1/4 cup fresh snow peas
1/4 cup matchstick cooking carrots
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
5 ounces refrigerated cooked chicken strips (1/2 box)
1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
1/4 cup Asian sesame dressing and marinade
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.
2. Wash peas and snap in half. Place in medium mixing bowl. Add carrots, lettuce, chicken, cheese and dressing. Stir until ingredients are fully coated with dressing.
3. Place tortillas on flat surface. Divide mixture and place 1/4 in center of each tortilla. Fold tortillas over filling, then press down to spread ingredients. Brush with sesame oil.
4. Place tortillas on grill, sesame oil side down and brush tortillas with remaining oil.
5. Close lid and grill 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve.
Sweet Orange Brown Rice
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 cups instant brown rice
1. Place medium saucepan on medium heat.
2. Place oranges (including liquid), water and marmalade in saucepan. Cover and bring to boil.
3. Stir rice into boiling water. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir and serve.
Calories 474kcal; Fat 13g; Cholesterol 40mg; Carbohydrate 70g; Fiber 5g; Protein 20g; Sodium 861mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 26%; Vitamin C 9%; Calcium 15%; Iron 14%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Successful meal preparation by parent and child is rewarding and builds relationships. Let the kids help. You’ll be glad you did.