1 1/2 lb haddock fillets (or snapper, grouper, or halibut)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola (or olive) oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/3 cup pitted green olives (drained)
1/4 cup capers (drained)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 cup white wine
- Always check fish for bones.
- Season both sides of fish with pepper (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add garlic and tomatoes; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in olives, capers, tomato paste, and wine; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add fish to pan; spoon half of tomato mixture over fish. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; cook 5–10 minutes, without turning, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 1100mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 30%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
4 ripe mangos
2 limes for juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 bag fresh baby spinach (5–7 oz)
- Peel mangos; cut fruit away from pit and then cut into slices.
- Squeeze juice of both limes into food processor or blender (about 1/3 cup). Add one-fourth of the mango slices and the salt, pepper, and oil. Process until smooth; set aside.
- Preheat small sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Place pecans in pan; cook and stir 3–4 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- Place salad greens on serving plates; arrange remaining three-fourths mango slices (from 3 mangos) over greens. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with dressing and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 24g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 110mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 90%; VIT C 130%; CALC 8%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with white rice, dinner rolls, and dulce de leche cake for dessert.
- The pecans can be toasted in the oven insteadof on the stove top. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 5–10 minutes.
Recipe Version seaf0094