Hearty Pasta Dinner
1 pound 93% lean ground beef
1/2 cup frozen diced onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium zucchini
1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained)
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs (undrained)
8 ounces rotini (1/2 box)
1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place ground beef, onions, garlic, pesto, salt and pepper in pan. Cook 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until meat is brown, breaking up meat as it cooks.
3. Wash zucchini. Cut ends off and discard. Slice into 1/8-inch rounds. Set aside.
4. Open and drain mushrooms and set aside. Open remaining cans and set aside.
5. Stir in soup, broth, mushrooms and tomatoes (do not drain). Cover and bring to boil.
6. When boiling, add rotini, Italian seasoning and zucchini. Stir, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Serve.
Italian Garlic Toast
6 slices frozen Texas garlic toast
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
aluminum foil (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil (for ease in cleaning).
2. Place slices flat on baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasoning. Set aside.
3. Place in middle of oven and bake 5-7 minutes. Serve.
Calories 527kcal; Fat 21g; Cholesterol 45mg; Carbohydrate 54g; Fiber 3g; Protein 27g; Sodium 1368mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 24%; Calcium 6%; Iron 23%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Add additional Italian flavor to the garlic toast by topping with shredded Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle a little on the pasta dinner for added richness.
Recipe Version past0021