2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
large zip-top bag
1 pound boneless chicken tenders
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves fresh garlic
1/4 cup frozen diced onions
1/4 cup frozen diced green bell peppers
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes/green chiles (undrained)
1 (8-ounce) can Spanish tomato sauce
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place cornmeal and adobo in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Add chicken, seal tightly, and shake to coat. Wash hands.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 1070mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
Fiesta Corn and Rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 (6-ounce) box Mexican fiesta rice (10-minute type)
1 (10-ounce) box frozen whole kernel corn
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles (undrained)
1. Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high.
2. Stir in rice, seasoning packet (from rice), corn, and chiles; cover and return to boil.
3. Stir, cover, and reduce to medium; simmer 8 minutes.
4. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 220kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 820mg; CARB 48g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 35%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The word "mole" comes from the Aztec word "molli" meaning concoction, stew, or sauce. Generally, mole is known as a spicy Mexican chocolate sauce.
Recipe Version poul0063