Honey Teriyaki Chicken Pita
one 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
one 10-ounce package pre-cooked chicken breast strips
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon roasted garlic
1 tablespoon lite teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon honey
3 pita bread rounds
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
1. Preheat sauté pan on high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Open and drain pineapple; open chicken package; set both aside.
3. Add sesame oil and garlic to pan and stir. (Garlic should sizzle when added to
4. Add chicken and stir. Add drained pineapple; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add teriyaki sauce and honey; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Heat pita bread in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and cut pita in half to form two pockets.
7. Open pita pocket; spoon in 1/6 chicken pineapple mixture, 1/6 cheese and alfalfa sprouts, if using. Repeat with remaining pitas; serve.
Oriental Brown Rice
one 10 1/2-ounce can beef broth
2/3 cup hot water
1/2 teaspoon five spices powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic butter
1/4 cup green onion (3-4 green onions)
2 cups brown rice (10 minute variety)
one 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1. Add broth, hot water, five spices powder and garlic butter to saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
2. Wash green onions and discard any wilted parts. Cut into 1/4-inch slices, using up to 1 inch of green tops. Set aside.
3. Add rice to water in pan, stir and return to a boil.
4. When boiling, add drained water chestnuts, sunflower seeds and carrots. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add green onions to rice mixture and stir to blend. Cover, remove from heat and allow to stand for 3 minutes. Serve.
Calories (kcal) 743; Total Fat (g) 12.8; Saturated Fat (g) 3.7; Cholesterol (mg) 60; Carbohydrate (g) 122.9; Dietary Fiber (g) 3.6; Protein (g) 36.7; Sodium (mg) 1280; Potassium (mg) 621; Calcium (mg) 149; Iron (mg) 4.6
Daily Values: Vitamin A 49%; Vitamin C 16%; Calcium 15%; Iron 26%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware