Grilled Sausage With Onion Relish
8 oz fresh pre-diced onions (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 lb bratwurst or sausage
1 tablespoon sour cream
4 Bakery hoagie rolls
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine onions, vinegar, water, brown sugar, and sage; bring to boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 15–20 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
- Place sausage on grill and cover; grill 15–20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned and 160°F.
- Stir sour cream into onion mixture. Place sausage in rolls topped with onion relish; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 780kcal; FAT 41g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 1700mg; CARB 78g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
1 quart fresh strawberries
5 kiwi fruit
1/4 cup strawberry syrup
1 (15-oz) Bakery angel food cake
3 (4-oz) cups vanilla pudding
Whipped topping (optional)
- Remove stems from strawberries and peel kiwi; cut both into bite-size pieces.
- Combine fruit and syrup; chill until ready to assemble.
- Place cake on serving plate and split by cutting in half horizontally.
- When ready to serve: spread pudding over bottom half of cake. Spoon one-half of the fruit, reserving syrup, over pudding; top with other cake half. Spoon remaining fruit, including syrup, over top of cake. Serve with whipped topping. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 250kcal; FAT 2g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 350mg; CARB 56g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 140%; CALC 20%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with spicy mustard for the sausage, Deli potato salad, and corn on the cob.
Recipe Version soup0067