Chicken and Yellow Rice
one 14 1/2-ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
one 10-ounce package yellow rice
one 18-ounce package frozen diced chicken breast (or use 4 cups roasted or leftover chicken)
1. If using leftover or roasted chicken, remove chicken from bones, discarding any skin or fat; cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Wash hands.
2. Add chicken broth, water, oil and rice to 3- to 5-quart saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add chicken to rice; cover and return to boil for 1 minute.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 mintues. Remove from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
Seasoned Black Beans
two 15 1/2-ounce cans black beans
1/4 cup frozen diced green peppers
1/4 cup frozen diced onions
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
pepper, to taste
1. Open beans and add to saucepan.
2. Add chili powder, cumin, green peppers, onions and pepper. Stir gently to mix.
3. Cover and cook on medium for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Calories (kcal) 587; Total Fat (g) 6.9; Saturated Fat (g) .5; Cholesterol (mg) 68; Carbohydrate (g) 90.7; Dietary Fiber (g) 11.9; Protein (g) 54.1; Sodium (mg) 1954; Potassium (mg) 79; Calcium (mg) 82; Iron (mg) 7.3
Daily Values: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 8%; Iron 47%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware