Skirt Steak With Baked Avocados
1 large green avocado
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons fajita marinade
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 lb beef skirt steak
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel avocado and cut into 8 wedges; place in baking dish.
- Chop cilantro.
- Squeeze lime for juice (1 teaspoon).
- Coat avocado wedges with oil; season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Bake 20–25 minutes or until tender and edges are lightly browned.
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) on medium-high 4–5 minutes. Combine fajita marinade and garlic in medium bowl. Cut steak into 4 equal pieces; toss in marinade until well coated. Let stand 2–3 minutes to marinate. Place steaks on grill (or in grill pan), discarding marinade; grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Let steak stand 5–10 minutes before slicing.
- Transfer avocados to serving dish; drizzle with any juices and oil from baking dish. Slice steak; drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 32g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 9g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 25%; CALC 2%; IRON 20%
- Complete your meal with rice and black beans, Cuban bread, and cheesecake for dessert.
- When baking the avocados they become tender with a savory, custard-like texture.
Recipe Version beef0069