Breakfast Sausage Bagels
2 (3-oz) chicken (or pork) sausage links
1 tomato (thinly sliced)
3 tablespoons spinach dip
4 slices Swiss cheese
4 soft bagel thins
3/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1 egg white (or 2 tablespoons egg white substitute)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven 425°F.
- Slice tomato.
- Remove casing from sausage; place in medium bowl (wash hands).
- Place bottom halves of bagels in a baking dish; top with tomato. Sprinkle with Greek seasoning and pepper.
- Combine spinach dip, sausage, and egg white; divide mixture over tomatoes and flatten with back of spoon. Bake 10–15 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Top with cheese and top halves of bagels. Bake 1–2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 910mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN 21g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 25%; CALC 30%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with hash browns and fresh cut fruit or fruit pastries.
- Your bagel can also be served open-faced and topped with Hollandaise sauce.
Recipe Version 06/10-0038