Grilled Lamb With Blackberry-Black Pepper Sauce
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme
3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 (1 1/4-inch-thick) lamb loin chops, about 2 lb
2 cups red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
1/2 pint fresh blackberries (5–6 oz)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 (10 to 13-oz) jar blackberry preserves
- Combine olive oil, dry seasonings (including 1 teaspoon pepper), and garlic. Place lamb chops in a sealable container; cover lamb with herb mixture and wine. Let lamb stand 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Preheat grill.
- Prepare blackberry sauce. Combine in medium saucepan, water, sugar, and blackberries; bring to a boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to simmer; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in blackberry preserves and 2 teaspoons black pepper until preserves dissolve; remove from heat.
- Place lamb chops on grill (discard marinade); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Serve sauce over lamb.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 650kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 93g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 15%; CALC 8%; IRON 20%
- Complete your meal with a rice blend, steamed carrots, a crusty baguette, and cheesecake for dessert.
- The sauce is excellent with other types of meat such as pork loin, beef roasts, or chicken.
Recipe Version R-03/10-0059