Grilled Portabella Sandwiches
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 fresh mozzarella cheese balls in water
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 portabella mushroom caps
1 yellow bell pepper
butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
4 kaiser rolls
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
1. Preheat grill.
2. Place pesto and cheese in food processor and chop for 15 seconds. Scrape sides and break apart cheese, if necessary. Blend for additional 15 seconds.
3. Add vinegar and blend for 5 seconds. Scrape sides and blend for additional 5 seconds.
4. Wash peppers and mushrooms and pat dry. Remove mushroom stems, if present, and save for another use. Set aside.
5. Slice pepper in half; remove core and seeds. Slice into 1/4-inch strips. Place on flat surface such as cutting board. Place mushrooms next to peppers. Coat vegetables with cooking spray.
6. Slice rolls in half. Spray grill with cooking spray and place rolls flat on grill. Close lid and grill for 1 minute.
7. Remove rolls from grill. Place each roll open on serving plates.
8. Grill peppers for 2 minutes.
9. While peppers grill, divide pesto mixture between each roll, spreading evenly on both sides. Remove from grill and place on bottom halves of rolls.
10. Grill mushrooms for 4 minutes and place on top of peppers.
11. Sprinkle shredded cheese over each sandwich and serve.
Submitted by: Bob Schoales, Suntree Square Publix, Melbourne, Fla.
Calories (kcal) 436; Total Fat (g) 15.3; Saturated Fat (g) 7.2; Cholesterol (mg) 33; Carbohydrate (g) 56.4; Dietary Fiber (g) 4.5; Protein (g) 19; Sodium (mg) 708; Potassium (mg) 143; Calcium (mg) 302; Iron (mg) 3.6
Daily Values: Vitamin A 9%; Vitamin C 143%; Calcium 30%; Iron 20%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version soup0027