Chicken Confetti Spaghetti
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 oz spaghetti pasta
10 oz cooked, diced chicken (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 (4-oz) jar diced pimentos (drained)
8 oz trinity mix (fresh diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
1 (10.5-oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (14.5-oz) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 1/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Cut butter into small pieces; place in medium bowl and set aside to soften.
- Break pasta into 2-inch-long pieces before adding to boiling water; cook and stir 5 minutes or until partially tender.
- Combine in microwave-safe bowl: chicken, pimentos, trinity mix, soup, salt, pepper, and broth. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2–3 minutes or until hot and vegetables begin to soften.
- Drain pasta and stir into vegetable mixture; transfer to 2-quart baking dish. Stir cheese and bread crumbs into butter. Mix with fingertips until crumbly; spread evenly over chicken mixture. Bake 15–20 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 430kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 810mg; CARB 44g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 26g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 40%; CALC 20%; IRON 10%
Southern Green Beans
12 oz fresh green beans
2 cups water
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Bring beans and water to a boil on high;cook and stir 7 minutes or until beans begin to soften.
- Drain; stir in remaining ingredients and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 60kcal; FAT 3.5g; CHOL 10mg;
SODIUM 200mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 2g;
VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with sliced tomatoes, dinner rolls, and chocolate cake.
- This casserole also works wonderfully with shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey.
Recipe Version poul0100