Grilled Lamb With Pistachio Sauce
Large zip-top bag
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 (1 1/4-inch-thick) lamb loin chops, about 2 lb
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- Combine in large zip-top bag, pepper, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed, and salt; shake until blended. Add olive oil and lamb chops (wash hands); seal bag tightly and turn to evenly coat. Place in refrigerator and let stand 10 minutes (or up to 2 hours) to marinate.
- Preheat grill. Combine in medium saucepan, remaining ingredients (except pistachios). Bring to a boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to simmer; cook 10 minutes.
- Process pistachios in food processor (or spice grinder) until finely ground. Stir into sauce; cook 2 more minutes to blend flavors. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place lamb chops on grill (discard marinade); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until lamb is 145°F (for medium-rare). Serve sauce over lamb chops.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 670kcal; FAT 45g; CHOL 130mg; SODIUM 330mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups Israeli (or pearl) couscous pasta
3 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (7.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 (7-ounce) can eggplant appetizer (caponata)
- Combine oil and couscous in medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high 3–4 minutes, stirring continuously, or until evenly coated and couscous begins to lightly toast.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and cook 12–14 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until couscous is tender.
- Transfer couscous to serving bowl; fluff with a fork and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 4%; CALC 0%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with carrots, a crusty baguette, and a fruit tart for dessert.
- The marinade for the lamb chops calls for dried thyme and rosemary. If using fresh herbs, increase to 1 tablespoon of each.
Recipe Version beef0055