Turkey Shepherd's Pie
1 cup frozen seasoning blend (diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
1 (.75-ounce) packet mushroom gravy mix
1 (8-ounce) can mushroom pieces (undrained)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon quick-mixing flour
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1. Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
2. Remove pan from burner; coat with cooking spray. Add seasoning blend to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables begin to brown.
3. Add turkey and dry gravy mix. Cook 5–7 minutes until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir frequently and break meat up as it cooks.
4. Stir in mushrooms, pepper, flour, and tomato sauce. Cook 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until gravy thickens.
5. Meanwhile, place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated and softened.
6. Stir butter into potatoes until melted. Spoon turkey mixture into 2-quart baking dish. Spread potatoes evenly over turkey mixture. Coat potatoes with cooking spray; broil 6–8 minutes or until golden. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 110mg; SODIUM 1120mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 23g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
Broccoli and Cheddar
12 ounces fresh broccoli florets (rinsed)
1/2 cup water
1 (8-ounce) package processed bar cheese
1. Place broccoli and water in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until hot. Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces.
2. Drain broccoli. Add cheese; cover and microwave 2 more minutes or until broccoli is desired tenderness.
3. Stir until well blended. Let stand 5–6 minutes (uncovered) or until cheese thickens. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 45mg; SODIUM 870mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 12g; VIT A 60%; VIT C 130%; CALC 30%; IRON 4%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Got lots of leftover roasted turkey or chicken? Use about 3 cups finely chopped meat instead of ground turkey. Cook until thoroughly heated (instead of browned) in step 3 of the recipe.
Recipe Version home0027