Greek Chicken Kabobs
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs*)
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 large sweet onion
1 medium eggplant
1 (4.5-oz) jar large garlic-stuffed olives
6 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
- Preheat grill (or preheat grill pan on medium-high).
- Cut chicken evenly into 1-inch chunks. Steps
- Combine in medium bowl, Greek seasoning, olive oil, and juice of 1 lemon; stir in chicken. Let stand 5–7 minutes to marinate. (Wash hands, knife, and cutting board with hot, soapy water.)
- Peel onion; cut onion and eggplant into 1-inch chunks. Cut remaining 3 lemons in half; then cut each half into quarters.
- Build kabobs (alternating chicken, eggplant, olives, onions, and lemons) on six skewers (placing lemons and onions next to chicken for best flavor); wash hands. Brush remaining marinade mixture over kabobs; then coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Place skewers on grill (or in grill pan) and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 6–7 minutes. Turn and grill 5–7 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 280kcal(*330); FAT 15g (*22g); CHOL 75mg;
SODIUM 580mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 28g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 50%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
2 (10-oz) packages frozen brown rice
1/3 cup Greek salad dressing
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced tomatoes
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pre-sliced green onions
- Chop olives and dill.
- Squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
- Microwave rice in bag, on HIGH, 3–4 minutes or until hot. Transfer rice to medium bowl. Spread rice into a thin layer going up sides of bowl to cool.
- Sprinkle olives and dill over rice. Add dressing and lemon juice over rice.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir in until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 370mg; CARB 39g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 10%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, pita bread, and cheese pastries for dessert.
- Pre-soaking the skewers is not necessary; it doesn’t keep them from burning. Just give them a quick rinse before loading.
- Cut kabobs in half, if needed, to fit in a grill pan.
Recipe Version gril0042