1 pound beef cube steak
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 cup flour
large resealable food storage bag
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
8 ounces steak topper vegetables (contains fresh pre-sliced mushrooms, onions and red/green bell peppers)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
one 14 1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes
one 12-ounce jar brown gravy
1/2 teaspoon beef base
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. If using large steaks, cut into 4 to 6 pieces.
2. Mix seasoned salt and flour together in bag.
3. Preheat sauté pan on high for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add steak, one piece at time, to bag; shake to coat.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to sauté pan. When oil is hot, add steaks to sauté pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes on each side. When turning, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
6. Remove steaks to plate. Add steak topper vegetables, garlic and tomatoes to sauté pan. Sauté for 4 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
7. Add gravy, beef base and black pepper. Stir until beef base is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return steaks to pan and spoon sauce over top of steaks. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Country Style Mashed Potatoes
one 20-ounce package country-style mashed potatoes
1/4 cup reduced fat milk
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe cooking dish. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2. Add milk and stir. Add butter and stir. Let sit.
3. When meal has almost finished cooking, heat potatoes in microwave on high for additional 2 minutes. Serve.
Bayou Green Beans
two 14 1/2-ounce cans green beans
(reserve 1/2 cup liquid from beans)
3 precooked bacon slices
2 tablespoons diced pimentos
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Preheat saucepan on medium-high for 1-2 minutes.
2. Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid. Add beans and reserved liquid to saucepan. Cover.
3. While beans come to a boil, finely dice bacon. Add, along with pimentos, to beans.
4. Add seasoned salt, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, and dry mustard to pan. Stir to mix well. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 552; Total Fat (g) 27.1; Saturated Fat (g) 10.3; Cholesterol (mg) 88; Carbohydrate (g) 47.2; Dietary Fiber (g) 8; Protein (g) 31.1; Sodium (mg) 1832; Potassium (mg) 932; Calcium (mg) 116; Iron (mg) 6
Daily Values: Vitamin A 28%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 14%; Iron 33%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware