Grilled Steak and Potato Salad
1 1/2 lb beef flank (or skirt) steak
1/2 teaspoon beef seasoning blend
1 (20-oz) bag refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
1/3 cup light creamy peppercorn salad dressing
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
1 bag baby lettuce blend (6–8 oz)
- Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of steak with beef seasoning (wash hands).
- Combine potatoes and butter in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 5–7 minutes or until tender.
- Place steak on grill and close lid; grill 5–7 minutes on each side or until steak is 145°F (for medium-rare). Grill time may vary depending on thickness of steak. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir salad dressing and bacon into potatoes until evenly coated. Arrange lettuce on serving platter; top with potato salad. Cut steak diagonally, against the grain, into thin 1/8-inch-thick slices. Arrange steak slices over salad and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 105mg; SODIUM 490mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 2%; IRON 15%
Garlic Cheese Rolls
8 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
12 Bakery potato rolls
6 teaspoons herb garlic butter, divided
1 (24x12-inch) sheet aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut cheese into 12 cubes. Cut a deep X into each potato roll; pull rolls open slightly.
- Place one cube of the cheese into opening of each roll; top cheese with 1/2 teaspoon of the butter.
- Push rolls closed and place in center of foil. Bring up foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal the package. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 31mg; SODIUM 500mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 14g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 8%; CALC 30%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with fresh fruit and apple pie for dessert.
- Just want to grill outdoors? Mix the potatoes and prepare the rolls at home; wrap in foil. Start potatoes on the grill about 15 minutes before the steak. Add the steak and foil-wrapped rolls.
Recipe Version R-08/12-0043