Turkey Cottage Pie
1 (12-ounce) applewood-smoked turkey breast tenderloin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted green beans (drained)
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated country-style mashed potatoes
4 ounces Dubliner Irish (or sharp Cheddar) cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. 2. Remove turkey from package (discard liquid). Rinse turkey and pat dry; season with pepper (wash hands). Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add turkey (wash hands); cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until well browned.
SODIUM 970mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 16g;
VIT A 15%; VIT C 4%; CALC 15%; IRON 15%
Bacon-Pecan Brussels Sprouts
1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (rinsed)
1. Peel any blemished leaves from sprouts and discard. Trim stems from bottom of sprouts, cut sprouts in half, and then slice thinly; set aside.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces (easy to do with kitchen shears) and add to pan. Cook 4–5 minutes, stirring often, or until bacon just begins to crisp. Meanwhile, chop shallot.
3. Stir in shallot and pecans; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, or until bacon is fully crisped.
4. Stir in sugar and vinegar; add sprouts and salt. Cook 3–4 minutes, stirring often, or until desired tenderness. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270 kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 15mg;
SODIUM 290mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 8g;
VIT A 20%; VIT C 160%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The cottage pie also works with leftover chicken or stewed beef. No need to brown; just stir into mushrooms in step 4. You can also use other vegetables to give it a personal touch.
Recipe Version home0030