Chili Cheese Roll-Ups
1/2 cup frozen diced onions
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (8-ounce) box processed bar cheese
6 burrito-size tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Spray pan with cooking spray. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add ground beef, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir frequently and break up meat as it cooks.
4. While meat is browning, wash tomato, cut into quarters and remove core. Dice into bite-size pieces and set aside. Slice cheese into bite-size pieces.
5. Drain beef and return to pan. Add cheese and heat until cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, if needed.
6. Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
7. Remove tortillas from package and place on paper towel. Place in microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds.
8. Assemble roll-ups as follows: place tortillas on flat surface and add 1/2-cup beef mixture to each tortilla. Divide tomato and lettuce between each tortilla. Fold one side up about 1-inch to form bottom and roll tortilla to make a cylinder shape. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Kiwi Strawberry Torte
1 pint strawberries
2 kiwi fruit
1/4 cup strawberry syrup
1 (10 3/4-ounce) frozen reduced fat pound cake
8 ounces fat free vanilla pudding (2 individual cups)
1. Wash strawberries, cut stems off and cut into bite-size pieces. Place in medium mixing bowl.
2. Cut ends off kiwi and peel. Quarter kiwi, cut into bite-size pieces and add to strawberries. Add strawberry syrup and mix. Refrigerate.
3. Remove cake from pan and place on microwave-safe plate (may be paper). Microwave on high for 1 minute.
4. Cut cake in half widthwise, then in half horizontally, making 4 equal cakes. Place 1 cake on each serving plate.
5. Divide pudding equally on top of each cake. (This step may be completed just before serving.)
6. Divide strawberry mixture equally over pudding. Serve.
Calories 938kcal; Fat 33g; Cholesterol 164mg; Carbohydrate 117g; Fiber 7g; Protein 41g; Sodium 1430mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 26%; Vitamin C 152%; Calcium 37%; Iron 39%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
To reduce the fat content, prepare this recipe using ground turkey breast, fat free tortillas and light processed bar cheese.
Recipe Version kids0017