Mediterranean Fish Over Potatoes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups refrigerated homestyle sliced potatoes
1/3 cup water
6 kalamata (or pitted black) olives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lb tilapia (cod, snapper, or sole) fillets; thawed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 (14.5-oz) can herb/garlic diced tomatoes
1/4 cup crumbled tomato/basil feta cheese
- Place oil in large sauté pan, add potatoes and water, then cover; cook and stir on medium-high 5–6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and water is absorbed. Remove pits from olives; chop olives coarsely.
- Reduce heat to medium. Arrange potatoes evenly into a single layer; sprinkle with olives, salt, and pepper. Place fish (darker side up) on potatoes. Squeeze juice of one half lemon over fish.
- Drain tomatoes very thoroughly (press tightly to remove as much liquid as possible). Spread tomatoes over fish and sprinkle with feta cheese, then cover; cook 4–6 minutes, without turning or stirring, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- Reduce heat to low and remove cover; cook 1–2 minutes to allow any extra liquid to evaporate. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 330kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 960mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 39g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 15%; CALC 8%; IRON 15%
1 (10.75-oz) frozen all-butter pound cake
4 Bartlett pears
1 tablespoon sugar
2 (1-oz) squares white baking chocolate
4 oz prepared vanilla pudding
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz fresh raspberries
- Cut pound cake evenly into six slices and place on dessert plates.
- Peel pears and remove core; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place pears in microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with sugar, and cover; microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place white chocolate, pudding, and cream in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until hot. Let stand 3 minutes; then stir until smooth.
- Drain pears, just before serving, and spoon over cake slices. Pour sauce over pears; top with raspberries and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 90mg; SODIUM 210mg; CARB 56g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 20%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with fresh asparagus and sourdough bread.
- If you do not have an olive/cherry pitting tool, use a knife to cut the pit out of the olives.
Recipe Version R-10/10-0082