Cajun Country-Fried Steak
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 pounds beef cubed steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups reduced fat milk
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (2 5/8-ounce) package country gravy mix
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place flour and Cajun seasoning in medium mixing bowl. Stir to mix together. Using tongs, add steak and coat evenly.
3. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Using tongs, add steak. Cover and cook 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
4. Remove steaks from pan, place on plate (may be paper) and set aside.
5. Add milk, cayenne pepper and gravy mix to sauté pan. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Cook 3-5 minutes until thickened, whisking frequently.
6. Add steak. Cover steaks with gravy and simmer 1 minute. Serve.
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen vegetable gumbo
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1 teaspoon gumbo filé
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place vegetables, tomatoes, seasonings, salt and pepper in medium saucepan. Stir together, cover and bring to boil on medium-high.
2. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Calories 684kcal; Fat 39g; Cholesterol 122mg; Carbohydrate 41g; Fiber 5g; Protein 42g; Sodium 1958mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 18%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 23%; Iron 25%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
For the smoothest gravy, place milk, pepper and gravy mix in mixing bowl and blend before adding to pan.