Barbecue Shrimp Skewers
1 pound fresh peeled/deveined shrimp (51/60 count)
16 wooden or bamboo skewers (6-inch)
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1. Spray grill with cooking spray, then preheat.
2. Lay 4 shrimp on flat surface, nesting together horizontally.
3. Lay hand flat on shrimp and push pointed end of skewer through center of each shrimp, connecting them.
4. Take second skewer and push through shrimp 1/2-inch from first skewer. (This keeps shrimp from spinning when turned on the grill.) Repeat with remaining shrimp. Wash hands.
5. Place skewers on plate (may be paper) and sprinkle both sides with seasoning.
6. Brush barbecue sauce over both sides of skewers, spreading evenly.
7. Grill 5-7 minutes, turning frequently, until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Serve.
Asian Rice Salad
1 (13 1/2-ounce) can light coconut milk
2 cups instant rice
2 tablespoons chutney
1 tablespoon light sweet Vidalia onion salad dressing
1/4 cup salted cashews
1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
1/4 cup golden raisins and cherries
1/2 cup shredded carrots
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place coconut milk in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to boil on high heat. (Watch carefully to prevent boil over.)
2. Stir in rice. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Place in medium mixing bowl: chutney, dressing, cashews, water chestnuts, raisins and carrots. Stir together.
4. Add rice to raisin mixture. Salt and pepper to taste and mix together. Chill in freezer 30-40 minutes. Serve.
1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1. Place pork and beans, barbecue sauce, mustard and onion flakes in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Stir, cover and microwave on high 5-6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Serve.
Calories 627kcal; Fat 13g; Cholesterol 172mg; Carbohydrate 97g; Fiber 7g; Protein 33g; Sodium 1229mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 59%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 13%; Iron 38%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
To safely remove skewers from hot shrimp, use tongs to hold shrimp, then pull skewers out and discard.
Recipe Version gril0021