Savory Shrimp Crostini
8 oz Neufchatel or reduced-fat cream cheese
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
1 cup fresh mild salsa (from Produce), well drained
1 (8-oz) Bakery baguette (or crispy bagel chips)
12 oz cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- Combine cream cheese and goat cheese in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until softened. Stir cheese to blend, then stir in salsa. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until chilled.
- Cut baguette into 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices. (Bread may be toasted, if desired.)
- Chop shrimp. Spread cheese over bread and top with shrimp. Serve.
20 minutes (Makes 24.)
1 (8-oz) can refrigerated crescent dough
1 (22-oz) package fully cooked meatballs in sauce (from Meat)
4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
12 medium basil leaves, halved
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with spray. Unroll dough; divide dough into triangles, then cut each triangle into 3 even, long strips (24 pieces total).
- Remove meatballs from sauce (reserve sauce). Cut meatballs into quarters; cut cheese into 24 small pieces and cut basil in half.
- Place one piece each of meatball, cheese, and basil at one end of dough; roll up and place on baking sheet. Repeat.
- Coat bundles with spray. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Microwave reserved sauce on HIGH for 2 minutes or until hot. Serve sauce on the side for dipping.
25 minutes (Makes 24.)
Asian Pork Won Ton Bites
nonstick aluminum foil
2 cups Deli mojo pork (1/2 lb), shredded
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup pre-sliced green onions
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
12 square won ton skins (from Produce)
1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg, beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Shred pork if needed. Combine pork (including onions), chili sauce, green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Place won ton skins, like a diamond, on work surface; brush with egg. Place about 2 tablespoons pork mixture on each won ton, down through the middle, from one corner to the opposite corner. Repeat for all won ton skins.
- Bring up the other two corners (opposite sides), pinching to seal together, and place on baking sheet.
- Coat won tons with spray; bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Serve with extra chili sauce for dipping.
30 minutes (Makes 12.)
- These recipes work well together or individually. Finish with gourmet pastries and desserts from the Publix Bakery.
- You can serve any extra goat cheese mixture from the shrimp appetizer as a dip with chips. The pork recipe has a kick of heat; you can reduce the amount of chili sauce by one-half for a milder heat.
Recipe Version apet0016