Mojo Peach Pork Sauté
2 firm peaches, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives, coarsely chopped
Zest/juice of 1 lime
1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (12-oz) bag fajita vegetable mix (fresh sliced bell peppers, onions)
1/4 cup mango chutney
3 tablespoons mojo marinade
- Chop peaches and chives.
- Zest/grate lime peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lime for juice (1 tablespoon).
- Cut pork into 1-inch-thick slices (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork with salt and pepper; place oil in pan. Add pork; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add fajita vegetables to same pan; cook 3-4 minutes or until peppers begin to soften. Combine mango chutney, mojo, lime zest, and juice.
- Add pork, peaches, and mango chutney mixture to vegetables; cook and stir 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens. Top with chives; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 60mg; SODIUM 290mg; CARB 18g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 23g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 120%; CALC 0%; IRON 8%
Chocolate Birthday Cake
Butter (or cooking spray), to coat pan
4 cups cake flour (+ extra to coat pan)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups mayonnaise
1 3/4 cups water
3 large eggs (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 13- x 9-inch baking pan with butter (or spray), then dust with flour.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add mayonnaise, water, eggs, and vanilla just until mixed through.
- Pour batter into pan; bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let stand 40 minutes to cool. Finish with frosting and serve. (Makes 12 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 570kcal; FAT 32g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 780mg; CARB 65g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 25%
- Complete your meal with rice, a fresh salad blend, and crusty bread rolls.
- Choose your favorite frosting for the cake: a ready-made one, a frozen topping, or just make your own.
- Make the cake in layers by using 3 (8-inch) round cake pans instead of the 13- x 9-in pan.
Recipe Version pork0092