Pork Chops and Bacon Caramelized Onion Jam
2 large sweet onions
4 slices thick-cut bacon
4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 1 3/4 lb)
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons dry brown sugar bourbon marinade mix
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup dry sherry wine (or beef broth)
- Cut onions, and then bacon, into large 2-inch chunks (wash hands).
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork chops on both sides with 1 tablespoon marinade mix. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned and pork is at least 135°F. Remove pork from pan.
- Place onions and bacon in same pan; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onions are tender. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons marinade mix. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add sherry and pork chops to onion mixture; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds and pork is 145°F (for medium). Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 21g; CHOL 105mg; SODIUM 820mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
14 oz frozen seasoned potato puffs (1/2 bag)
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in 9-inch-square baking dish; coat top of potatoes with spray. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Chop parsley; combine with bread crumbs. Stir Alfredo sauce into potato puffs, then top with bread crumb mixture. Bake 5-6 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 880mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 0%
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, corn bread, and carrot cake for dessert.
- The Bacon Onion Jam can be made in advance and kept covered in the refrigerator.
Recipe Version pork0097